Click Here to Listen to Interviews
- Jenni Doherty, Co-Founder of Daraja
- “86% of our girls are going on to higher education and 80% continue to stay active in community service.”
- Esther, Attended Daraja
- “Ten years ago if you asked me what I wanted to be I would have said a good mother. Now I want to get a good job…I want to help other people.”
- Deborah Santana, Supporter of Daraja
- “These girls are leaders…they are teachers.”
Daraja is a Revolutionary Idea
Daraja provides students with full scholarships and resources to be critical thinkers, progressive leaders, and architects of their futures. The academy provides shelter, food, healthcare and counseling services so students may focus on their academic and personal potential without the everyday barriers they would otherwise face. This groundbreaking educational model has generated a community of students filled with intellectual curiosity and a hunger to learn.
We believe educated girls can transcend poverty and change the world.